Saturday night barbecue at Capri


Saturday nights are for chilling out with family and friends, and there’s no better way than to do so with a leisurely barbecue dining experience at Caprilicious, the all-day dining café in Capri by Fraser Johor Baru.

Caprilicious serves a Saturday night barbecue buffet
The hotel is just a short drive away and I arrive in plenty of time to see the entire buffet spread before any diners started on their meal.

[I remember my first experience in the hotel carpark so this time I keep my eyes peeled for the directional signs and I find my way out from the maze quite easily.

This is only because the hotel is linked to Tri Towers and there is a designated parking area for hotel guests. Then I should park here for easy access to the elevator lobby that conveniently leads into the hotel.]

The buffet line starts in the foyer outside of Caprilicious and my eyes are riveted to the whole roasted lamb, kept warm on a spit.

A whole roasted lamb to enjoy!
I cannot help a sudden flashback to the annual Ramadan buffets which often featured a whole roasted lamb for the breaking-of-fast meals.

I agree that it’s a good idea to include the whole roasted lamb in this barbecue buffet because diners can savour it again – in a more leisurely way – and probably enjoy it better when tasted outside of the Ramadan season!

Diners are invited to select their choice of items from the buffet and hand their plates over to the team members at the sizzling grill to grill the raw food or warm up the precooked items.

Take your pick of items from the buffet to be grilled
and served hot for you to savour - all night long!
Besides Beef steaks and Lamb chops topped with Black Pepper or Barbecue sauce, there are otak-otak and scallops still in their shells, and I also spy skewers of satay and condiments like slices of raw onions and cucumber along with complementing peanut sauce.

Buffets are designed for leisurely dining so I help myself to a small portion of each item for a first taste and if I wish to have a second helping, I know I can always return to the buffet again and again.

In addition to the barbecued items, the buffet spread continues in the café with sections for hot dishes – seafood and vegetables – as well as salads, drinks and desserts.

My portion of Prawn Carrot Rice with
a slice of Deep-fried White Pomfret
I’m looking out for something extraordinary and I’m not disappointed because I discover a dish of Deep-fried White Pomfret with fried onions and green chilli and a large platter of Prawn Carrot Rice.

To complement the meat dishes, a choice of fresh greens and salad sauces are provided for diners to pick their items to toss into a salad that matches with their own taste.

And to end the meal sweetly, there is a selection of cakes, jellies and puddings to enjoy with hot coffee or freshly brewed tea.

The Barbecue buffet on Saturday nights is served from 6.30pm to 10pm.

Diners being served their portion of the whole roasted lamb
Price at RM98+ per person with 50% off for kids (RM49+) aged between six and 12 years old.

Seniors aged 60 and above enjoy 30% off while one diner eats for Free with every three full-paying adults.

Capri by Fraser Johor Baru is situated next to Menara Tiga Serangkai, Jalan Tengku Azizah, Kim Teng Park, 80300 Johor Baru, Johor.

Located in the heart of Johor Baru, there are two options for driving access: via Jalan Storey or via Jalan Jim Quee, close to Johor Baru Sentral.

For reservations, Tel: +607 277 0888 or email: sales.johorbahru@capribyfraser.com

No comments:

Post a Comment