Roof-top Roast Carvery Lunch

 

On a bright Sunday morning, I arrived at Level 33A of the Suasana All Suites Hotel to meet with my hosts, Mr & Mrs Freddie Lee.

 

Suasana Suites Cafe is on Level 33A of
the Suasana All Suites Hotel Johor Baru

The elevator lobby opens directly to the entrance of the Suasana Suites Café, a roof-top café designed with a section for their Skybar and the other wing with tables arranged next to the floor-to-ceiling glass walls.

 

I was warmly welcomed into the cosy café, a space flooded with natural light and I was reminded that dining at Suasana Suites Café is a unique experience that comes with panoramic views of the Johor Baru city skyline.

 

Situated in the heart of Johor Baru and towering over Jalan Trus and Jalan Wong Ah Fook, this hotel commands breathtaking views of the city, the route from and beyond the causeway into the neighbouring nation.

 

A table decorated to
celebrate Nana's birthday


My eyes were riveted to the first table, gaily decorated and set up for two, which also reminded me that this café was renowned for hosting private parties and romantic meals.

 

A vase of flowers featured a bunch of balloons billowing above while red rose petals were scattered on the table and the message board on the table read: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA.

 

This charming table setting clearly spelled out a romantic rendezvous for a birthday celebration with a lady.

 

When I was shown to our table, I could not help but noticed that the table on the opposite corner of the café was also gaily decorated for a celebration.

 

Chef Jefri at the Carvery to
serve up the main courses

That cosy alcove created a natural private space for a quiet meal and because the colour scheme in the table décor was in darker shades, I safely concluded that the birthday person must be a man.

 

While waiting for our Roast Carvery Set Lunch to be served, Mr & Mrs Lee reiterated that the Suasana Suites Café was a popular choice for celebrations and their package included a special menu for the occasion.

 

The organizer only needed to make their reservations and arrange with the café for the selection of menu and decorations for their celebration.

 

From where I was seated, I could see Chef Jefri at the Carvery who was busy preparing the orders for the main course servings of Roast Chicken, roasted Rack of Lamb or roasted Rib-Eye Beef.

 

A three-course set Lunch with
a panoramic view of the city

The first of our three-course set lunch was Mushroom Soup served with a crispy slice of garlic bread.

 

As soon as our soup plates were cleared away, the main course dishes were served.

 

This three-course Weekend Lunch, served on Saturday and Sunday, aims to let diners enjoy a leisurely meal along with panoramic views of our vibrant city.

 

While Mr Lee was served his choice of Roast Chicken, Mrs Lee and I received our servings of roasted Beef Rib-Eye – each served with a side of sauce – to savour with a portion each of vegetables and roasted potatoes.

 

While savouring my food, I noticed the arrival of a young Malay couple with a toddler and were welcomed to that celebratory table set up in darker shades.

 

A serving of roasted Rack of Lamb

When the staff served up the birthday cake on a lighted platter, they placed it in front of the man and started to sing the Birthday Song to him.

 

All of us spontaneously sang along and wished him a Happy Birthday, [I was right when I guessed that the table was set up for a man’s birthday] and he graciously responded in Mandarin, “Sieh Sieh nee man,” meaning “Thank You to you all!”

 

It was simply heart-warming to observe how Malaysian we are…

 

The three-course set lunch
featuring roasted Beef Rib-Eye
 
As I was enjoying our dessert of smooth Panna Cotta topped with strawberry, I spotted another couple who were being shown to the other gaily decorated table and I was delighted to observe the lady’s joyful expression at such a pleasant surprise.

 

While the man was trying to snap photographs of her seated at the table, I thought I should go help the couple take some good shots of them to capture those special moments. [The café staff meanwhile, were still preoccupied with their tasks…]

 

And I did just that. [Her pretty face wreathed in shy smiles, she told me that this was yet another surprise he arranged…]

 

I returned to our table, glad to have done my good deed for the day.

 

When I read the tent menu that listed the café’s promotion items, Mrs Lee saw how my eyes widened as I discovered their signature, Deep-fried Durian, priced at RM10 for three pieces.

 

Topping the roasted Beef Rib-Eye with
Black Pepper Sauce

When she graciously asked if I would like to sample a taste, can you guess what I replied? [No prizes for the right guess.]

 

Suasana Suites Café is on Level 33A of Suasana All Suites Hotel Johor Baru, an all-suites hotel located at No. 82-C Jalan Trus, 80000 Johor Baru.

 

The Weekend Roast Carvery Lunch is served from 12pm to 3 pm on Saturday and Sunday in a three-course menu of Soup, Main Course and Dessert.

 

Pick from main course choices of Roast Chicken (RM48), Rack of Lamb (RM68) or Beef Rib-Eye (RM88).

 

For reservations, send email to reservationssjb@umland.com.my or Tel: +607 – 267 0148.

 

For more info on Suasana All Suites Hotel Johor Baru, visit website www.suasanasuites.com and their official Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment