A peek into Capri by Fraser, Johor Baru


The all-new Capri by Fraser hotel residences, is now open in Johor Baru!

A guest-friendly reception area on the ground floor lobby
From a distance I spotted the towering block in the city center with the name, CAPRI, emblazoned on its façade.

So when I read the invitation for a peek into the hotel on its soft opening, I also checked the map for its location as I needed to know the driving route to the property.

The name Capri just reminds me of the Isle of Capri, a song from 1934 made popular by Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney but closer to home, I also remember an Italian restaurant here that was once opened within another hotel.

Capri by Fraser is in the heart of Johor Baru city
With a Capri in JB again, I was keen for a first peek into this property which is designed with a hotel and residences.

Aware that its location on Bukit Chagar is just behind JB Sentral, I chose to take a slow drive to Jalan Tengku Azizah via Jalan Storey, which is just off the Tebrau Highway.

I soon discovered that the Capri is situated adjacent to residential towers so I was careful to turn into the carpark for the hotel and not into the other towers.

This hotel certainly commands a prime location, just minutes away from JB Sentral which houses the Customs, Immigration & Quarantine (CIQ) complex for travelers arriving and leaving the country via the Causeway checkpoint.

Panoramic views of JB city and beyond from meeting rooms
JB Sentral is also an integrated transport hub with intercity buses and trains and nearby, the future light rail station for the Rapid Transit System will be built for the convenience of commuters between JB and Woodlands.

I was ushered into Caprilicious, the all-day dining restaurant for a coffee while waiting to meet with the General Manager who – I was told – was then engaged with welcoming their first guests into the hotel.

As I sipped my hot brew of fragrant coffee, I thought that it was indeed a significant day for Capri by Fraser and I was honoured to be part of its soft opening.

Here, the meeting rooms are called Pods
In a tour of the hotel premises, I discovered a few interesting features that both holiday and business travelers can appreciate in this city centre hotel.

Maybe I was just partial, but I so like the royal purple, a most charming colour in the corporate identity of this hotel.

For a start, the hotel offers complimentary high-speed Wifi access to guests who would certainly appreciate staying connected.

Meanwhile there is a dedicated HotSpot station in the lobby level, equipped with Apple desktop workstations as a business corner – instead of a business centre – for speedy access to information.

Concealed in the desk for tech-users' convenience
in the club lounge
There is also a rooftop swimming pool with children’s wading pool and a fully equipped gym which is opened 24 hours for guests’ convenience.

Outside the 24-hour launderette I was amused by the sign which read, Spin & Play, and wondered what it meant … until I saw the play-station provided for guests to play while their laundry was being done!

From the top-floor meeting/function rooms dubbed Pods (like something out of a sci-fi movie!) I was impressed by the panoramic views of JB city and beyond.

This lofty height means that room guests would have the advantage of a bird’s eye view of the traffic condition on the causeway before they decided to set out on their journey!

Deck chairs by the swimming pool
In the tour, I had a glimpse of the fully-furnished studios and well-appointed one-bedroom apartments that come complete with kitchen facilities for long-stay guests.

I like how the hotel offers 316 rooms in a range of room categories, with various room sizes and configurations to meet their guests’ requirements.

Daily breakfast for two guests are included in the Opening Special room rates. For more details on the rooms and special deals, visit website: capribyfraser.com

Media guests with GM Manoharan [Center] at the lobby of Capri by Fraser hotel residences, Johor Baru
Capri by Fraser hotel residences is at Menara Tiga Serangkai, Jalan Tengku Azizah, 80300 Johor Baru. Tel: +607 – 7277 0888, Fax: +607 – 7277 0889.

Toll-free Reservations hotline: 1 800 18 0800.

No comments:

Post a Comment